1. Each Team will consist of 2 anglers. One angler must be 18 years of age, the second angler cannot be less than 12 years of age. If an angler is under the age of 18 a parental consent form must be filled out prior to the tournament day. Both anglers regardless of age must have a valid boater’s card.
2. Anglers that legally require a fishing licence in Ontario must hold a valid "Sport Fishing" licence. A "Conservation" licence is NOT acceptable.
3. All Federal/Provincial boating and fishing regulations must be adhered to.
4. NO alcoholic beverages or drugs may be consumed by (or in the possession of) any angler. If an Angler or Team is found in violation of this rule the said Angler/Team will be banned from the Quinte Fishing series for 13 months from the time of the offence with no refund of Tournament Fees. Teams caught cheating will have their names publicly announced.
5. All boats must be a minimum of 14 ft. in length and equipped with a WORKING KILL SWITCH and a WORKING LIVEWELL. All kill switches must be attached to the drivers’ body while the combustion engine is running (unless at trolling speed).
6. Personal flotation devices must be securely worn while travelling. PFD's do not have to be worn when trolling or at drifting speeds unless it is an inflatable style PFD. All inflatable flotation devices MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
7. Proof of boat insurance must be made available upon request. All boats must be covered by a minimum of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance. (For U.S. anglers the standard amount of insurance for the U.S. will apply).
8. Maximum horsepower for all outboards and inboards must not exceed the horsepower limitations set by the manufacturer's rating plate. Changing or altering standard factory parts of your motor to increase the horsepower over the factory horsepower rating is forbidden.
9. Only the species being fished for will be kept. All other species will be released immediately.
10. Possession Limits: A. WALLEYE TOURNAMENT- Due to MNR slot size regulations these stipulations MUST be followed. Teams will be allowed to weigh in two (2) fish over 63 cm., and two (2) fish under 63 cm., but over 35.5 cm (14"). Teams can weigh-in combinations of the two sizes, but no more than two Walleye over the 63 cm length. Any fish weighed in that does not fit the above criteria will be grounds for disqualification. B. BASS TOURNAMENTS – Five (5) fish per team with a minimum size of 12" "Tip to Tail" (MOUTH CLOSED). C. Any fish, walleye or bass, which is deemed short of minimum size, will not be weighed in and one (1) pound shall be deducted from the balance of the team's weight.
11. All Tournament boat checks will begin at 5:45am and any boats NOT checked in by 6:50 am will NOT be checked in until all boats have blasted off at 7:00am. One day Tournaments will run from 7:00am to 4:00pm and on two (2) day Tournaments, the second day will run from 7:00am to 3:00pm. There will be a PENALTY OF 8oz. FOR EVERY MINUTE LATE on scheduled return.
12. All boats must check back at designated Tournament Site or inform officials of their whereabouts or a five (5) point penalty will be assessed to their aggregate point total.
13. Tournament Officials reserve the right to do a thorough boat inspection to check for illegal bait(s) or other items and/or substances. Finding such item(s) will result in that team's disqualification and entry fees will not be refunded. By signing the series "Waiver", the anglers are hereby giving their consent to this inspection.
14. Pre-fishing will be allowed until 5:00 pm the preceding day of the Tournament. All boats MUST be off the water by that time!
15. Tournament Waters: Tournament Waters designated as “Bay Only” consists of the waters west of the Glenora Ferry (Boats must remain West of the West pilings at both Ferry landing zones) to the entrance of the Murray Canal. Your boat cannot enter the Murray Canal. Tournament waters designated as “Lake Ontario Open” consists of all water accessible by boat from the Bay of Quinte. Locking through to other waters is not permitted.
16. Fishing is prohibited within 100 ft. of another competitor's boat. No fishing is allowed within 100 yards of Ministry nets or a Marina's fuel pumps.
17. Competitors may obtain fuel or repairs from Marinas or use washroom facilities providing one (1) team member remain in the boat and cannot fish.
18. In the event of a boat breakdown a team may exchange boats at tournament headquarters ONLY and under the supervision and direction of tournament Officials. The boat with the breakdown cannot be trailered to the headquarters for exchange purposes.
19. In the event of a boat breakdown a team, that will not be exchanging boats, can seek assistance of another team to transport their fish to headquarters to have their fish weighed. In order to do this a team MUST FIRST call the Tournament Director and follow their directions. Failure to call the Tournament Director prior to transferring of fish may result in disqualification.
20. It is the responsibility of the competitors to bring fish to the weigh-in stage from the boat.
21. Only artificial lures may be used. No "live bait" or "prepared bait" is permitted. You are allowed to use pork strips and rind. Live bait is permitted at the May Walleye Tournament.
22. NO TROLLING FOR BASS.
23. On Tournament day the number of Bass or Walleye allowed to be in your live-well is five (5) Bass or four (4) Walleye. If you are caught with more than your allowable limit, your fish will be culled down starting with your biggest Bass or Walleye. If a team weighs-in more than their legal limit, the heaviest fish will be removed and a two (2) pound penalty will be subtracted from their total weight.
24. Anglers are permitted to target both Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass during “Bay Only” designated waters. Anglers are permitted to target Largemouth Bass ONLY during “Lake Ontario Open” designated waters.
25. If in the officials’ opinion, a fish is judged dead, you will receive the weight of the fish minus an 8oz./0.50lb penalty. Fish must be ALIVE to be eligible for the "Big Fish" award.
26. Challenge of Scale Accuracy/Reweigh of Fish. If a team wishes to challenge the accuracy of the scales, they must pay a $50.00 deposit. A government certified 5-pound weight will be placed on the scale. If the scale is accurate then the team will lose their $50.00 deposit and the weight will stand. If the scales are not accurate the team will receive their deposit back, the scales will be tared and the fish will be reweighed. The new weight will stand. Please note the scales are certified twice each season and the Certificate is on hand and available to be seen at every Tournament.
27. Decisions of the Tournament Director are final. No protests will be allowed after the final team weighs-in. A $50.00 deposit must be paid and is refundable only if the protest is upheld.
28. Any team disqualified for any reason will NOT receive a refund of entry fee.
29. It is at the discretion of the Tournament Director if the Tournament must be delayed or cancelled for weather reasons.
30. Unsportsmanlike like conduct will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification and Tournament fees will NOT be reimbursed.
31. All Tournament entry fees, and the annual administration fee must be paid in full with the entry form a minimum of one (1) week prior to the tournament date. Anglers will not be assigned a boat number until fees have been paid.
32. If the QFS must cancel a Tournament all fees will be reimbursed in full. If an angler backs out of a Tournament reimbursement will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
33. In the case of a tie for any position, the prize for that position and the position beneath will be added together and distributed equally among the tied teams.
34. Angler/Team of the Year award will be awarded to the Angler/Team with the lowest aggregate points total for five (5) of the six (6) Tournaments. Angler/Team must fish the Peter Thompson Classic to be eligible for the Angler/Team of the year award and Runner -Up prizes. The Peter Thompson Classic must count towards Angler/Team of the year and Runner-Up Awards.
Points awarded are as follows. 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points and 3rd place = 3 points, etc. In the event of a tie, ’Total Weight’ of the following will determine the winner.
Heaviest regular season 1- day tournament weight plus
Classic Weight = ‘Total Weight’
35. Any taxes on any prizes/awards are the responsibility of the recipient(s).
36. In the case that the winner of the Angler/Team of the Year is also the winner of a major draw prize (prize of comparative value), only one prize will be awarded. The Angler/Team will have a choice of prize packages. The remaining unclaimed prize will be awarded to the runner up in the appropriate category.
37. A team member must be present to claim any draw prizes awarded, otherwise it will be redrawn.
38. Peter Thompson Classic: teams are encouraged to fish five (5) tournaments, but to qualify for the Peter Thompson Classic an angler MUST have fished in a minimum of one (1) tournament.
We care about the safety of all our anglers and volunteers that help with the QFS. We will monitor all notifications from the Health Unit and modify rules and procedures to ensure we are in-line with the more recent health update. To get the latest information click on the button below.